Blueberry Pie bars
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour (I used half almond flour)
1 cup cold unsalted butter- 2 sticks
1/4 teaspoon salt
Zest and juice of one lemon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan. (I lined my 9x13 with parchment paper and then sprayed it, then you can easily lift the sheet out when the bars are cooled.)
2. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and lemon zest. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
3. In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer. Sprinkle with course sugar crystals.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown Cool completely before cutting into squares.
5. You may drizzle with a little cream cheese frosting while still warm, or dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
To store, place but bars in a single layer on parchment or saran wrap repeating the layers so the bars do not mush together.
*adapted from allrecipes.
Inspired by the loves of my life. the hunger in my stomach and my SPONTANEOUS nature.